Thursday, April 8, 2010

I got a little carried away.

Dish: Sauteed Chicken in a lemon caper beurre blanc sauce with sauteed polenta and asparagus
Author: Me and Alton Brown (polenta)
Cost: No idea. Don't care.
Link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/savory-polenta-recipe/index.html



So I got home from class and junk around 5 and decided to make a quick dinner. That didn't exactly happen. No documenting the cooking process tonight, but I did end up trying something new: polenta! How have I gone this long in life without discovering such rich, cheesy goodness!? I discovered there are so many ways to make it. How do you prefer to make polenta?

The beurre blanc was something new that I just kind of decided to make off the cuff. Here is my personal recipe for the lemon caper beurre blanc:

-Saute some finely chopped onions in a little white wine over medium high heat until the wine has reduced to a quarter. (This is also known as a gastrique I have learned)
-Bring the heat all the way down and add a splash of cream or 1/2&1/2.
-Slowly melt in a few table tablespoons of cold butter so as to not separate the butter and break the sauce.
-Add some capers and a squeeze of lemon juice and you are done!

I can honestly say this dinner was probably the best tasting thing I have made in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment