Sunday, September 12, 2010

Summer is over

So I realize I haven't done anything on here in about five months. I took the summer off because I honestly had no motivation to cook for some reason. I would work on my master's thesis in the mornings and then hang out with friends most afternoons/evenings and just want to make a quick something something.

Now this semester my schedule doesn't really like the idea of cooking either, but I'm starting to feel that pull back to the kitchen. Maybe the idea is to combine these two worlds of being a social bug, and the introvert who cooks and eats alone. I mainly say this because I'm too chicken to try something new on friends, but I tend to think my friendships could weather a bad dinner. Maybe the idea is to start a dinner club!? Find some fellow foodies to come over once a week.

In this kind of a setting, maybe the emphasis switches from being equal parts cooking and photography to the photography being a capturing of the cooking and dining experience with friends.

Motivation for this post: I managed to finally make a good, juicy, tender pork chop after a half dozen attempts resulting in gray hunks of leathery protein. I also watched Anthony Bourdain go back to Paris, and it reminded me of my time in Paris. Particularly, I was reminded of a meal I ate in a little bistro on a back cobblestone street. I was on a shoe string budget and therefore went for the 15 euro fix price three course menu and promptly had any fancy, expensive meal I've had in the states blown out of the water.

It is now 12:15 am on Monday morning and I intend to be productive this week. We shall see if this idea of a dinner club comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment